Skip to main content

Week 10 - Progress

 The majority of our filming is complete! We managed to get most of the interior shots using my place. It was nice and sunny which really helped with our light coming in through the windows.  I know I've mentioned that we are going to do some desaturation on a lot of the shots that take place 'after the incident' but having strong consistent lighting is pretty essential for cameras in general - especially phone cameras - they just don't seem to pick up the detail a DSLR does in lower light. 

I'm finding there are a few different ideas about the type of action and how shots play out. I'm just focusing on the role I agreed to and doing my best to stay in my lane. Letting the director direct and focusing more on locations and aesthetics rather than focus on acting and performance.

There were some issues on my end this week. I was hosting our shoot at my place and after we got started I felt like there was a lot I could have done to be better prepared.. Cleared out random unneeded 'props' from the background and prepared props for shooting. This was a major waste of our allocated 2 hours. It took about 20 minutes for us to even start rolling - I was rather annoyed at myself.

Our idea for our credits didn't work. We were having continuity issues because of dissolving paint and an issue with a reflection on glass that revealed the phone. But we had a little brainstorm and decided to take advantage of mother nature next week at the beach and do the same this there but taking advantage of the waves and sand rather than us an artificial set up at home. We are going to be writing our credits in the sand and letting the waves wash over them - this creating an opportunity to fade/wipe in the edit and reveal the next credit. It's going to take some experimenting but I'm confident it's going to work.




Sean also had a great idea about how to get a bit more coverage of our 'incident' that takes place. That particular scene seems a bit quick and that can lead to confusion. We are going to use shadows to depict a bit more action.

We've scheduled one last shooting day next week. A lot of our editing will be done by Tuesday leaving the rest of our available time for post production. Getting really close now!

Comments